Published on 19 February 2008
Firm offers free seminars on digital pathology
Professionals in Europe are being invited to attend free seminars that will let them learn new techniques for working with whole-slide digital pathology images.
The one-day local events are being provided by digital pathology company Aperio and are designed to bring pathology, biology and histology specialists together.
Dates and venues are:
- 3 March 2008: Sir James Black Conference Centre, AstraZeneca, Alderley Edge, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK.
- 5 March 2008: Lindner Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany.
- 7 March 2008: Swissotel Le Plaza, Basel, Switzerland.
The company said each seminar would feature leading pharmaceutical industry professionals as well as Aperio scientists, and would discuss how digital pathology was used in discovery and preclinical and clinical trial environments.
Speakers from the pathology industry would include:
- Frank Voelker (retired, Novartis) on image analysis in toxicological pathology.
- Alison Bigley (AstraZeneca) on image data management in discovery.
- Dr Jason Hill (Targeted Molecular Diagnostics) on image analysis with phosphorylation and cytoplasm protein biomarkers in phase I oncology clinical trials dosing studies.
- Dr Steve Potts (Aperio) on use of microvessel analysis for angiogenesis applications and scanner and pathologist precision in immunohistochemistry analysis.
- Steven Hashagen (Aperio) on setting up Spectrum Plus in toxicological pathology environments.