This site is intended for health professionals only
The MHRA has compiled a list of letters sent to UK healthcareprofessionals in April 2007, to deliver new safety information andadvice. Topics include:
• Mabthera® (rituximab): reports ofprogressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in unapproved indications ofsystemic lupus erythematosus and vasculitis.
• Pioglitazone-containing products: risk of fractures in women on long-term treatment.
• Cabaser® (cabergoline): pathological gambling and increased libido are potential class effects of dopamine agonists.
• Desmopressin: removal of primary nocturnal enuresis indication.
• Ketek® (telithromycin): important information about restricted indications, contraindications and safety measures.
•Ventolin® (salbutamol): new prescribing advice for obstetric use inmanagement of preterm labour and use in respiratory disease.
New Electronic Library for Medicines 2/5/2007