Metabolics, the UK’s premium quality supplement manufacturer, will host a seminar on eye health, nutrition and supplements on 16th March 2013, featuring an expert at the forefront of his field, Dr Robert Abel Jr.
After receiving much feedback from practitioners on their areas of interest, Metabolics Limited recognised the importance of eye health and knew that it must be the subject of their next CPD Seminar.
Once again, taking place in London at the Royal College of Physicians, the seminar will provide delegates with the latest knowledge about maintaining and improving eye health through diet, nutrition and supplements.
Dr Abel currently practices with Delaware Ophthalmology Consultants. He has won multiple awards, and was formerly the Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at Thomas Jefferson University. Currently, Dr Abel is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology, a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is published in over 120 scientific papers and 20 chapters in medical books, and has also authored a number of books on eye health.
Through his many years of clinical practice, Dr Abel came to realise that eye health was influenced by diet and nutrition on a number of levels. He will be flying in from Delaware, USA, and summarising his experiences and findings in this fantastic seminar. Delegates will learn about:
- Greater incidence of Macular Degeneration in women
- Prevention of common ocular disorders
- Ocular & Systemic complications of sleep disturbances (includes blindness, stroke, breast cancer and greater incidence of Alzheimer’s)
- The detection of Alzheimer’s through the eye
- Diagnosis and treatments of the thyroid and the eye
- Recommendations for supplements for women
- Complimentary therapies for Eye Health
- The liver’s relevance to nutrition for eye health and why the eye functions best at night
- This is a great opportunity to develop the Practitioners’ knowledge of nutrition, and to help support the eye health of their patients.
Founder and MD of Metabolics, Alison Astill-Smith, says: “We received such an overwhelming response to our seminar in early November that we were keen to make March 16th just as successful. We are thrilled to have found such a great speaker to maintain the high standard of our last seminar, and look forward to an exciting and informative day”
November’s seminar saw world experts deliver a cutting edge seminar on nutrition in what was a fantastic success. Dr Abel will no doubt deliver the same high level of expertise.