Publication date: 16/02/2012
Number of pages: 140
Our new report infusion pumps: Technology and Market 2012-2022 covers the trends in the infusion pumps market, a promising segment of the drug delivery sector. The traditional gravity controlled infusion pumps have been used extensively. The electronic infusion pumps have also been available in the market since long, but only beginning to see increased adoption. The use of infusion pumps is advantageous for the healthcare providers as well as the patients specifically for conditions such as diabetes, delivery of analgesics in cancer patients or post-surgery, delivery of chemotherapy drugs and enteral feeding in patients with feeding disorders.
As the technology becomes more advanced, the infusion pumps are becoming smaller in size, wireless, and more convenient to use. Combined with the ability of the infusion pumps to deliver precisely measured dose are the right intervals, the infusion pumps allow the patients to carry out their normal activities, and reduce the hospital stay and visits. According to our latest pharma report – the global infusion pumps market will be worth $9.5bn by 2016.
Infusion pumps: Technology and Market 2012-2022 report forecasts the size and value of leading national/regional markets: North America, Europe, Japan, India and China. For each of these, visiongain identifies prevailing trends and strategies that will steer this emerging technology over the forecast period. The use of infusion pumps is still more prevalent in the developed regions of North America and Europe, essentially owing to the fact that the infusion pump technology is expensive when compared to the competing technologies. The cost of insulin pumps is covered under Medicare in the US and through private insurance in Canada. However, there are huge opportunities for infusion pump manufacturers in the developing economies of India and China where the use of electronic infusion pumps is limited at present. The report discusses the future technological development that will make the infusion pumps more attractive to the patients and drive their adoption.
Infusion pumps: Technology and Market 2012-2022 also examines the challenges facing the sector critically, including the high cost and safety issues. The report is developed through a comprehensive review of information sources, both primary and secondary. In our report you find sales forecasts, growth rates and market shares. You also receive qualitative analyses and a review of companies and leading products.
Why you should buy infusion pumps: technology and market 2012-2022:
In this report, you will receive the following benefits in particular:
- You will receive our assessment of the current market for infusion pumps, with respect to the leading segments, products, companies and national markets
- You will discover sales trends for the overall infusion pumps market from 2011 to 2022 – seeing where commercial growth will occur
- You will discover sales trends for the main segments – insulin pumps and enteral feeding pumps – from 2011 to 2022, with detailed discussions of market potential
- You will receive sales forecasts for leading national/regional markets (North America, Japan, Europe, India and China), with informed discussion
- You will assess leading manufacturers and products in the leading segments of the infusion pumps market, with information on the pipeline products
- You will examine the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) facing the infusion pumps market from 2012 onwards
- You will be able to investigate competition and opportunities influencing the infusion pumps technology for drug delivery from 2012 onwards
- You will see what will stimulate and restrain the market from 2012
- You will discover the unmet needs in the market, driving the growth from 2012 onwards.